The Depot is a popular venue for public events such as concerts, art festivals, or book signings as well as private events including weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries, class reunions, and group or business meetings.
The building is usable year-round. The waiting room is equipped with heat, air conditioning, and rest rooms. Further improvements are planned as resources become available.
The Depot waiting room set up for a wedding rehearsal
dinner in July 2014. Photo by Richard Leonard
The Depot hosted the Keokuk Arts Festival in June 2017.
Photo by Richard Leonard
Attendees enjoy an anniversary celebration at the
Depot in September 2015. Photo by D. Ewing
The Depot's entry in Keokuk's "City of Christmas" light display
at Rand Park, December 2015. Photo by Janet M. Smith
An auction sponsored by the Questers on September 21, 2013
netted more than $8200 toward the work of preserving
the Depot. Photo by Richard Leonard
Depot Foundation director Richard Leonard, in conductor's costume,
demonstrates his HO gauge model train to young visitors during the
Keokuk "Power 100" celebration, June 2013. Photo by Sandra Seabold
Pictured on this page are some of the events the Depot has hosted during the past several years. A schedule of recent and forthcoming events at the Depot appears at the bottom of this page. Rental receipts help to support the ongoing work of restoring this historic structure and adapting it to better serve the community.
Rent the Depot for Your Event!
Click here to view the Depot Rental Agreement
that contains the information you need
to reserve the Depot for your activity.
(PDF file opens in a separate window.)
The popular duo "Switchback" presented a concert of American roots and celtic soul music at the Depot on December 1, 2017. Photo by Sandra Seabold
Nalani Proctor and her group presented a concert at the
Depot on September 15, 2017. Photo by Sandra Seabold
Depot supporters sign tiles to be placed on the restored
roof, October 2017. Photo by Richard Leonard
Author Dean Klinkenberg signs copies of his latest
novel on February 28, 2015. Photo by Richard Leonard
Santa, with his elves and reindeer, makes his appearance to 170
Keokuk public school children on December 12, 2012 as the
Depot hosts "The Polar Express." Photo by Richard Leonard
Author Chuck Spinner of Jamestown, New York, presents his book,
The Tragedy at the Loomis Street Crossing, to an audience at the
Depot on June 7, 2012. Photo by Richard Leonard
Recent and Forthcoming Events at the Depot
Forthcoming public events are in bold type. Schedule updated January 11, 2018; some events are tentative.
Funds raised through events at the Depot support onging efforts to restore and maintain the facility as a community resource.
- Friday, December 1, 2017, 7:30 p.m. — Switchback Christmas Concert. Proceeds benefit Depot roof restoration project.
- Friday, December 8, 2017 — Retirement Party (Private)
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Wednesday, December 27, 2017 — 50th Anniversary Celebration (Private)
- Friday, December 29, 2017 — Rehearsal Dinner (Private)
- Saturday, February 3, 2018 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Saturday, March 17, 2018 — Birthday Party (Private)
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 — Wedding (Private)
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 — Wedding (Private)
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 — Graduation Party (Private)
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 — Graduation Party (Private)
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 — Graduation Party (Private)
- Friday, June 8, 2018 — Rehearsal Dinner (Private)
- Saturday, July 21, 2018 — Open House (Private)
- Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23, 2018 — Fine Arts Event
- Saturday, October 6, 2018 — Anniversary Celebration (Private)
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 — Wedding (Private)